We educate students through authentic travel encounters with the world beyond the classroom. For all ages and interests, our experiential content meets students where they are on their educational journey. Our powerful, trademarked learning tool (L.E.A.P.) helps us bring this mission to life.
WorldStrides is accredited by educational bodies across the country, and we have a dedicated Curriculum and Academics Department—this means we're an actual school (we just don't have walls!). As a school, we can offer students high school and college credit, and teachers free professional development.
Free High School Credit through WorldStrides Discovery for Credit
- Course Options: Online courses are paired with corresponding travel programs to reflect themes and destinations. You’ll choose courses from your custom menu.
- Eligibility: Students in grades 6-12 at the time of travel on WorldStrides programs are eligible to earn high school credit.
- Cost: Discovery for Credit course participation is free—that means you pay nothing!
- Course Options: Students have multiple options for completing coursework online. College course options differ in theme and destination based on the travel program.
- Eligibility: Students in grades 9-12 at the time of travel on WorldStrides programs are eligible to participate. Undergraduate college students traveling on a WorldStrides Capstone program may also be eligible for some online college courses.
- Cost: On most international programs, up to 3 college credit hours are included at no additional cost.
For grades 6-12
- Getting started is easy! Register for Discovery for Credit with your Education Consultant. You can register before, during, or even after you travel with them.
- Select the course(s) of most interest to you.
- After you travel, you’ll work at your own pace to complete all online coursework. Our instructors will provide feedback on your work as you go. You’ll engage in activities that offer options for video responses, opportunities to use photos from your experience, and that invite you to participate in discussions with your peers.
- You have up to six months to complete the coursework after you return from your program.
For college students
If college credit is available on your program, you can select to participate in either the one- or three-credit course during your online registration process.
Coursework can be completed during and after your trip. All courses are taught by the credentialed instructors on our Curriculum & Academics team. You have up to six months from your travel return date to finish the online course.
*For more information and details about academic credits, please call 400-080-9529 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you’ve completed both the program and the online portion successfully, you’ll receive an official transcript from WorldStrides or our university partner.
Your official transcript will be sent directly to your home address and you can choose how you’ll use it.
- Your transcript may be submitted alongside your traditional high school transcript as a form of distinction in your academic profile during the college/university application processes.
- You may present your transcript to your school registrar for consideration toward inclusion on your high school or college. Acceptance is always determined at the discretion of the receiving institution.